Bulldog was copied by at least four different companies.
Registers are being compiled for all these
was a licensed copy of the 25 HP hot-bulb Bulldog built by Société Nationale de
Construction Aeronautic du Centre (SNCAC) at Colombe in France from about
1938. It is believed that nearly 3,700 were built before
production ceased in 1956.
This tractor was produced by Kelly & Lewis of
Springvale, Victoria, Australia from 1948 to about 1954, presumably with
approval from Lanz. It was a copy of the 35 HP Bulldog and
about 900 were built. A Register of KL Bulldogs is maintained
by Craig Pink of RMB 7140, Colac 3249, Victoria,
Email: pinkycoolrav4_at_yahoo.com.au (Replace
_at_ with @.)
copy of the 45 HP Bulldog was produced at the ZMU factory (Zaklady Mechanicze
Ursus) in Czechowice in Poland from 1947. About 55,000 were
built up until 1965. Bearing in mind the political situation
in the post-war years it seems unlikely that this tractor was built with Lanz
In 1951 a copy of the 55 HP Bulldog was produced by Industrias
Aeronáuticas y Mecánicas del Estado in Argentina. The tractor
was called ‘El Pampa’ and the badge on the front read IAME.
From 1955 the tractor was produced by Dirección Nacional de Fabricaciones
e Investigaciones Aeronáuticas and the badge was changed to DINFIA.
The rear mudguards were also changed from square to shell-shape at this
time and it is thought that the tractor was re-rated at 60 HP.
About 3,760 Pampas were produced from 1951 to 1960.
They may have been built without permission from Lanz initially, but it
is understood that Lanz did support production at a later